Wix is a cloud-based website editor and publishing service that allows to quickly deploy websites with pre-made templates and website elements
Embedding a website visitor IP tracking code by the tracemyip.org app is a fairly simple process while using Wix. Although there are some limitations for free Wix users, the below method allows you to quickly add an IP tracker to Wix website pages.
Sign up to instantly track website visitors IPs!
Installing a Wix.com web tracker code
- Generate a visitor tracker code or use the code that was provided to you at the time when you have registered your TraceMyIP account
- Login to your Wix.com account and navigate to the dashboard. If you have multiple websites, select the website to which you will be adding the code and click on “Edit Site”
- On the next page, click on the “Add Elements” button to bring up the menu of available elements.
- From the “Add Elements” menu, select “Embed Code” and from “Popular Embers“, click on “Embed HTML“. This will bring up a window for the “HTML Settings“. Select “Code” option and place your tracemyip.org visitor IP tracker code into the input box. Then click on the “Update” button at the bottom and close the “HTML Settings” window.
- You can drag this new element to any location on the page where you’d like it to appear.
- Now, right-click on the Wix element that you have just added (the visitor tracker icon will now be visible if you have not enabled the invisible tracker icon) and enable the option “Show on All Pages“. This option is an excellent way to ensure that the visitor tracker does not miss any page load activity throughout the entire website.
- Now click on the “Publish” button at the top right of the browser window
Confirming the tracker installation
Visit your site and confirm that the tracker icon appears on all pages of your site. If you selectively install the visitor tracker code on individual pages, the tracker is not going to be recording all visitations to your website.
If you choose to monitor only individual pages on your website using the same project, utilize exactly the same code and the tracker style on all of your pages.
Alternative Wix.com visitor tracker code installation procedure for upgraded Wix account users
If you have upgraded your Wix account, you also have an option to utilize a different Wix element to embed your tracker code. When you use”Add Elements” menu, select “Embed Code” and then “Marketing Tools”, you will be able to utilize “Custom Code” element, which is also a suitable and possibly a better option to include your tracemyip.org tracker.
Concluding the installation
Once you have installed and configured your ip tracker, ensure that it is loaded on ALL pages of your site.
A page header is a preferable location since it will allow the visitors to be detected as soon as the pages are loaded.
If you install the tracker in the footer, it may not work if you have infinite scrolling pages where the content is loaded infinitely as you scroll the pages down. In this case, the tracker code needs to be installed at the top of your pages.
Who visits your website? Sign up to find out!