When using TraceMyIP requires that each person uses individually created login information. If more than 1 person uses an account at the same time with the same credentials, this can result in signing out the other user from the same account.
To allow multiple people use the same TraceMyIP account, it is suggested to add an authorized user account.
To add an authorized user account please follow these steps:
- Login to a TraceMyIP account
- Go to [My Account] => [Manage Authorized Users] and click on “Add a NEW Authorized User” at the bottom of the page
- User permissions – only those options that allow viewing the data under the account will be selected. No data editing will be permitted by default. If you need to allow an authorized user to edit, modify and delete the data under your account, you can select the options accordingly.
- Projects access – select the projects that you would like to be accessible for the authorized user. Note that each time a new project is added, this user would have to get an account administrator permission to view an added project. An administrator would have to edit an authorized user permissions to allow for newly added projects to be accessible.
- Email to user – check the box to email the new login information and permissions list to the applicable authorized user.
An authorized user account can also be set “Inactive” at any time to suspend an authorized user account and pause an access to the account. This can be set under the “Authorized User Info” section of the authorized user configuration form.
Who visits your website? Sign up to find out!