As with many website cache scripts, it prevents the TraceMyIP scripts from being loaded directly from its servers, causing the visitor tracking and analytics to stop working.
Sign up to instantly track website visitors IPs!
Fixing the issue with Autoptimize and visitor analytics and tracking
Before you proceed with the instructions, disable own IP blocking via TraceMyIP interface to be able to test the visitor tracker.
To exclude TraceMyIP scripts from being affected by WordPress Autoptimize, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Autoptimize
- Under the JS, CSS & HTML tab, scroll to the Exclude scripts from Autoptimize section
- At the end of the existing list, add a coma and add tracemyip
- Scroll to the Misc Options section and uncheck the box next to the Minify excluded CSS and JS files option
- Click on the Save Changes and Empty Cache button
- Press on the Save Changes and Empty Cache button
More info on Autoptimize plugin for WordPress
The plugin is designed to improve page load times, reduce server resource usage, and ultimately enhance the user experience for visitors.
Here are the key features and functionalities of the Autoptimize plugin:
- Critical CSS Generation: The plugin can generate and inline critical CSS, which is the minimum CSS required to render the above-the-fold content of a page. Inlining critical CSS eliminates additional HTTP requests, resulting in faster initial page rendering.
- Image Optimization: Autoptimize can optimize and compress images on your site, helping to reduce their file size without significant loss of quality.
- Cache Mechanism: The plugin offers basic caching functionality to store the optimized files and serve them more efficiently to visitors, reducing server load.
- Async and Defer Options: Autoptimize allows you to specify certain scripts to be loaded asynchronously or deferred, giving you more control over how resources are loaded on your website.
- Compatibility with Other Plugins: The plugin is designed to work well with various other caching plugins and optimization tools, allowing you to integrate it seamlessly into your existing setup.
Autoptimize provides an interface with straightforward settings to configure and optimize your website. However, due to the diverse combinations of themes and plugins used on WordPress websites, some users might need to fine-tune the settings to avoid conflicts or ensure optimal performance.
Who visits your website? Sign up to find out!